Welcome Graham!

We had a new arrival on Saturday, June 6th. Graham Ryan Everett was born at 11:14 pm, weighed 6.8 lbs and is 20.5 inches. His delivery was on the quick side, as we got to the hospital at 10:00 pm. I had been having contractions off and on, throughout the evening as Todd and I went out to dinner with some friends, took the baby-sitter home, and started watching a movie on tv. It wasn't until 9:30 that I really got convinced that I was in serious labor. I just kept thinking that the contractions would stop, since that had been the pattern for the previous week. Luckily, we delivered at our local (tiny) hospital, so we didn't have far to go.
It was such a relief to have our baby here, safe and sound! The delivery was a little frightening because the cord was wrapped really tightly around his neck twice. But, after a minute or two, he was crying with the best of them and is just perfect.
Todd went back home around 2:00 a.m. and had big news to share with the kids when they woke up Sunday morning! ("The stork came during the night!" j/k)

The kids came to see me and Graham right after church on Sunday afternoon. Pretty impressive that Todd got them up and ready for our 8:30 church after his long night.





Truman was so cute with the baby. He has been looking forward to this for a long time, and was very interested in helping to get Graham's room ready along with his clothes and diapers. He loves to hold Graham whenever he gets the chance. In fact, tonight, as we were tucking him in, he was crying because "I didn't get to hold the baby tonight!" He often walks into my room and asks, "Where's my baby?" When he is talking to Graham, he always addresses him as baby Graham. "Hi, baby Graham!"






That's all I have time for tonight!