Spring Break

The last two weeks of March was our Spring break. This is the last year we will get two weeks off instead of one. I'll admit I was a little daunted by the prospect of that much unstructured time with the kids. I made a plan to have a daily theme: gardening day, sports day, craft day, etc. Overall, I think it was a success. It helped me to wake up knowing there was something planned, instead of just ten hours of time to fill up.
We also ended up with free Legoland tickets, thanks to the generosity of a friend, and it was the perfect day there. I think our kids were just the right age for this park. They do have some tricky height restrictions, but everyone had a great time; beautiful weather, no lines, plenty of time for free play. Parker likes it more than Disneyland now. My own child!











Here we are at the beach. Thankfully, I didn't try to take the kids alone as I had planned. Dads are just so great, aren't they? Todd helped build sandcastles, and I got to sit the whole time and take pictures and hand out snacks.