
Parker at his first Fathers and Sons camp-out. He had me draw a tent on the calendar weeks before the event, and he looked forward to it so much. He and Todd had a great time, and maybe next year, Truman will be ready for the adventure.

A milestone in the life of Truman: he's left the crib behind him. Taking apart the crib felt so momentous. He made the transition on his own. He and Parker have bunkbeds in their room, and one night, he just crawled into the bottom bunk and stayed there all night. I gave it a few weeks with the crib still up, just in case. Now their room feels so much more open, and they have a lot more space to play, so it's a win-win-win!

Yesterday, we tried to hike to some waterfalls in the mountains near us. We didn't actually make it that far, though. As we left, I told Todd, "Next time we'll come better prepared with lunch, water . . . and no kids."

This picture represents my goal for a few weeks in May: To prepare all the food for breakfast and lunch and have everything on the table before the kids can eat. (vs. getting them started on a sandwich or cereal while I continue to get the rest of the food ready, or feed late-comers, and bring them drinks, and then second servings.) What I learned: It saved me constantly getting up and down (or standing the whole time), and I got to actually eat, but we had more left-overs. I think they ate more though, and wanted fewer snacks.
I took this picture because I liked the color contrast on the plate. It was also my first Persian cucumber (tasty - the size of a pickle) and my first ghost sandwich, which was my attempt to get the boys to eat cheap, dried-out bread. And it worked.