June is almost over!


This piano recital actually took place before the last post over three weeks ago. I am losing some blogging steam. Emma played in her spring piano recital and did a great job. It's fun to hear her progression as she is practicing at home, and the songs get more interesting, too. Although, if I never hear "Ode to Joy" again, that wouldn't be a problem.




Parker had a Spring Sing program for his preschool the same night as Emma's piano recital. The kids were so cute. Parker impressed us with his dancing and singing. I'm posting a short clip of their "Hoedown". It was really fun. Parker received the "Best Behavior" award from his teacher! She said of all the kids, she never has to tell Parker anything twice! He is always right where he is supposed to be. No one was more surprised than Todd or I at this pleasant news. I mean, Parker is a good kid, but I think he probably obeys better at school than at home for fear of drawing attention to himself if he doesn't. He can be very shy. If an adult makes a comment about something he is wearing, then he never wants to wear that item of clothing again. He prefers "under the radar". He is also very sweet, though, and eager to please people he loves, like his teacher, Miss Michelle. He is already asking when school will start again.

The day after the kids' events, my sister Julie and her kids came to visit. Some memories of her visit: Parker saying, "Aunt Ju-ey! Aunt Ju-ey, come on." Emma dragging herself into the boys' room and crashing on the floor before I could even get a pillow under her head because Cecily was so wired and she was SO tired. (My kids inherited Todd's non-night owl genes.) Miles' general enthusiasm. Julie deciding to throw one more theme park into the mix so she could spend five days straight in single parent suicide. The day after they left, Parker saying "Ju-ey's boys are ca-wazy, wight, Mom!?LOL They had been rough-housing together and Parker told me how he remembered it, laughing as he did, like he was retelling a funny story: "I thought Miles was going to kick me in the nose . . . so I cwosed my eyes . . . and HE DID kick me in the nose! That's funny, wight Mom?"

More recently, two weekends ago, we drove up to Idyllwild in the San Bernardino mtns. We met Todd's co-worker and family there. It's a pretty town, at about 6,000 ft. We went on a short hike and called it a day early because Truman konked out the minute he was put in his car seat. On the drive home in the afternoon, the temperature climbed 20 degrees as we came out of the mountains! It felt so good to get out of suburbia for a day. We took a new way to Idyllwild, going east first and then north, and it was so scenic and peaceful. It's always amazing to see something new when you never knew it was there before.

I'm having trouble loading pictures, so I'll try to get them up later.